It's not you, it's me.

The Iron Traitor  - Julie Kagawa

It really was all me.  This review will be short.  It wasn't that the book wasn't good.  It was.  It should be a book that gets 4 stars easily from readers.  Julie Kagawa is such a skilled storyteller and world builder.  But I just felt bored and disconnected (I kept looking online to see what I would read next).  Also, the big cliffhanger at the end, I didn't even think twice about it.  I just wasn't into this book.  However like the title of this review says, it was not the book, it was me.  I think that I there are just certain type of YA novels that just no longer appeal to me.  There are several series that I have recently left unfinished because the books just no longer appeal to me (Hush Hush is one).  I also do not think that my disinterest was due to series fatigue (like The Mortal Instrucments), I just think that I wanted to read something else right now.  Something that just had...more.  More of what I don't know, just more.

So in summary, if you are a fan of Julie's work definitely pick it up.  Like I said, most people will love this and they should.  The fault here is mainly mine.  Will I read the next one?  I don't know.